Who often chews food in holes and leaves small traps around? It seems like the behavior of a brash mouse. Let us read on here a step-by-step guide on how to catch mice / get rid of mice, so that at home there is a safe and controlled rat.
What are mice?
Mouse life is in groups or families and going out at night for dinner. Even though she looks sweet and innocent, you really don’t want various kinds of mice that live in your home, because the mice carry lots of fleas and carry diseases like Salmonella and Choriomeningitis Virus (LCMV), which can affect you and all your family at home very, very unhealthy and clean.
Mice will not tell us where they urinate or defecate and if they walk around the house when there is food or a food ban they will contaminate everything that smells of food at home, so if you find one of your mice in your house it’s time to take action before they make a disease and start developing a breed at a very alarming level.
1. Bin contaminated food
Use disposable gloves, bag and store various kinds of contaminated food along with gloves, then don’t forget to wash your hands again so they won’t be affected by it. And do not forget to empty all the trash that is in your house every one or two days and a few days later the mouse will target items that are hiding inside the house or anywhere, and keep the garbage that is outside your home as far as possible from your home, because it also makes rats come to your house, because rats like things that smell bad, for example, such as trash cans or rotten food.
2. Be sure to store food away
If you want your home to be clean and safe from the attacks of mice that carry diseases that enter the house, and spend all your food or urinate and defecate around your home. Even though everyone doesn’t want that very troublesome animal in his house, because it looks so disgusting. If you want to store food in a vacuum and a strong place, and not use a plastic bag and store the food in a tightly closed cupboard so that the rat cannot know where it is stored.
3. Seal up gaps
Mice can enter through a gap, with a small coin-width gap, by keeping the mouse from entering your house immediately covering every hole in your house so that the mice cannot enter your house, for example in the skirting board, floor board, or brick. Pay special attention to each hole that appears in your storage area and the gap around the pipe and pipe under the sink of your house.
4. Wash up
If you want your items to be sterile and clean in one way, by soaking all the equipment used for contaminated food, soaking hot water for five minutes before the drying stage, and then entering the washing stage thoroughly in water heat and add hot water, or better yet, in the dishwasher. The next step is washing the contaminated cloth at a temperature of 50 ° C – 60 ° C and washing, followed by the way so that all the items in your house are sterile from various types of mouse housings at home.
5. Clean up mice droppings
Never empty or sweep dirt because of the disruption of transporting contaminated particles into the water, which you can carry. Here’s how to clean the dirt safely
-Using disposable gloves and preferably face mask, spray dirt with disinfectant or special cleaning spray.
-Use anti-bacterial wipes or paper napkins to pick up dirt, then bag and store together with gloves.
-Wash your hands and wear a new pair of gloves. Disinfect all contaminated areas with more anti-bacterial wipes or with a clean cloth and cleaning rod cleaner. Next rinse and dry with a tissue.
– Tie and store gloves and wash your hands thoroughly.
6. Use natural mice deterrents
You should pay attention to decreasing rat activity after cleaning, storing food, and closing the ravine, but just to make sure the mouse does not return, you must follow up on your hard work by using rat deterrents.
The most effective mouse prevention method is when placed in a high activity area, which you can determine by looking at mouse droppings and the black stains they leave when rubbing the surface. You will also get the smell of urine like ammonium. Using it to find fluorescent is also a good way to measure mouse activity around your home.
How to deter mice
- Using peppermint covers the aroma of food and mice will not like the smell. Place a few drops on a cotton ball and place strategically around your house like under a kitchen cabinet, in a closet and next to the door.
- Replace peppermint oil every Sunday.
- The growth of mint at home can also help prevent mice from coming.
- Mice will avoid the place where the cat is located and they will be delayed by the smell of cat urine, so placing trays of used cat litter near the rat hole will stop them from returning.
- Mice also hate high frequency sounds on ultrasonic waves, so try using this method for two weeks.
7. Use humane traps
You can’t stand the various ideas that use the ancient mouse trap?
Killing mice is very cruel, and has a negative impact on the ecosystem and can be counterproductive if you try to drive away from your home. Killing the whole family revoked one for food and gave another mouse the freedom to move and start a family in the house or outside the house.
Also, using poisons to kill mice is dangerous for pets and your children, some mice have resisted toxins such as warfarin or arsenic, therefore we would not recommend using anti-mouse toxins
How to catch mice – the humane way
However, if you have taken all the steps above and the mice will only come back, try using the human mousetrap to catch them …
- You can get mice and cages that can catch and hold up to 15 – some mice live at a time.
- Please take peanut butter, chocolate, or something that you like in your home, then put it near the forest or in the fields that are at least near your home.
- In a coated bucket and make steps to point to the lip of the bucket, which they can use and enter, but they will not be able to come back out again.
- Prepare a place to throw rats like cardboard, the remaining karto tubes are no longer used.
- Rat mice screamed and smelled with the smell of other mice, so put traps on their activity areas that often walk to get good opportunities.
8. Get a cat
If at home you always avoid surveillance, now can be the time to get the cat. Cats can be used to help your home grow.
And if you want to have fun, you don’t forget to throw it safely. Use gloves, and spray with disinfectant before entering your house.